Variable Frequency Converters
A frequency converter is a power control unit used for stepless control of squirrel cage motor speed. Speed control saves energy and protects electricity grids and machinery as well as increasing the quality and volume of production.
Team Rewinds Ltd distribute Vacon frequency converters which carry the CE mark and comply with the strictest EMC (radio interference) directives of the EU. The highly sophisticated Open Loop Vector Control, the fast ASIC circuit and the direct 3-phase current measurement guarantee accurate motor control and make the frequency converter suitable for very demanding uses.
Frequency converters provide numerous advantages which include:
- Energy savings
- Allow regulation of machines and processes
- Increase the quality of the production process
- Increase production volumes
- Protect the electrical grid from direct start-up of motor load
- Protect machinery from the strain of direct start-up